11 October 2009

Targetmaster Cyclonus MIB




I didn't think I was going to get this guy. As it stands, I already have one too many Cyclonus'. Why would I want another one? It's hard to say why or how it happened. After more than a year of self imposed hiatus in terms of Transformers collecting, I began with a bang and acquired the three 1987 Decepticon Targetmasters MIB - Misfire, Triggerhappy and Slugslinger, together with all the 1987 Autobot Headmasters & Targetmasters - Chromedome MIB, Hardhead MIB, Highbrow, Brainstorm, Crosshairs, Sureshot and Pointblank MIB.

I was looking for the junior Targetmasters on eBay when I chanced upon a MIB Targetmaster Cyclonus auction by a seller from the UK. Quite refreshingly, the price is not as outrageous as most of the US eBay auctions nowadays are. I watched it. I told myself I would bid if it were reasonable.

As is quite often the case, the box art appealed a lot to me and at the same time my fondness for Cyclonus took ahold of me. I am really fond of Cyclonus since 1986 because I thought (and still think) that he is the reformatted Skywarp, my favourite Decepticon Seeker. And I thought it'd be neat to also have a Targetmaster Cyclonus together with the Japanese Box Cyclonus (pictured below) and 2 US boxed Cyclonus' (pictured below and in storage) I have.

I went ahead and bid. I was delighted to win the auction at 46 pounds (equivalent to US$73.34; AU$100, inclusive of shipping). It was a steal I thought.

I'm very happy to now have plethora of Cyclonus' - two 1986 MIB Cyclonus', a Japanese box D-70 Cyclonus and also a 1987 Targetmaster Cyclonus, which is the feature of this post. Yah!


D-70 Cyclonus


Two USA boxed Cyclonus' on the top left hand corner of the storage container

Below are pictures of my happy acquisition - Targetmaster Cyclonus. It does not come with its instructions or bubble insert, but I'm more than happy with it given the price I paid.

I'd say the condition is as follows:
Box - C7.5 (but no flap crease!)
Toy - C9.0
Stickers - C7.5



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be beamed to me and will be visible within 3 to 7 hours typically. Do check back or subscribe to this post for my responses or to see comments from other readers! ~ HD

Last 30 days' TOP TEN Popular Posts