Diaclone Swoop out of box
Introducing the cartoon accurate Dinobots!
As many collectors and fans would know, the USA releases of the Dinobots were not entirely cartoon accurate in terms of colour scheme. Three out of the five Dinobots had toys with cartoon accurate colour schemes - Grimlock, Sludge and Snarl. These are 'easy' to get.
USA released Slag toys are not cartoon accurate. Oddly, it is the Canadian released Slag (and only some of them at that), that were cartoon accurate with a red face and white upper legs. See here for a comparison between a USA released Slag and the famous 'Canadian Slag'.
Left - Canadian Slag; Right - regular USA released Slag
In a similar vein, USA released Swoop toys are not cartoon accurate either. This is time, it is not a foreign Transformer variant that is cartoon accurate, but the pre-Transformers Diaclone version of Swoop that is cartoon accurate.
Putting a Canadian Slag and a Diaclone Swoop with USA releases of Grimlock, Sludge and Snarl gives us.... cartoon accurate Dinobots!!!
Focusing on the stars, Canadian Slag and Diaclone Swoop
Next - Comparison between Diaclone Swoop and G1 Swoop.
- G1 Slag - Canadian exclusive 'red faced' version
- Comparison between G1 variant "Canadian Slag" vs G1 regular release (USA) Slag
- Canadian red faced Slag with his fellow Dinobots!
- Diaclone Swoop MIB unused - Part 1 - Mint in box
- Diaclone Swoop MIB unused - Part 2 - Out of box, robot and dinosaur pics
- Diaclone Swoop MIB unused - Part 3 - The cartoon accurate Dinobots!
- Diaclone Swoop MIB unused - Part 4 - comparison between Diaclone Swoop and G1 Swoop
That Canadian Slag is awesome! I had no idea that existed! It's beautiful!ReplyDelete
I love that Diaclone Swoop. He looks so much better w/ the blue chest.ReplyDelete
.... and the sharp beak... and the sharp wings... and the chromed gold parts... heeheeDelete
Now this is something I can honestly say I have never seen before. Very awesome.ReplyDelete
hmmm... can't be dude. How can you not have seen these? =)Delete
Me likely, bonus points cause its the Dinobots :)ReplyDelete
it's the freaking Dinobots, the Autobots' last line of defence... until Omega Supreme arrived, that is...Delete
Simply the best!!!ReplyDelete
"Me, Grimlock, king!"Delete