Before I get into the meat of this post, I wish to say a very heartfelt thanks to 3 people, without which this trip would certainly not have been so fruitful.
I firstly wish to thank E, who arranged for my plane tickets there and even booked a hotel for me that was right smack in the middle of all the action in Den Den Town. Truly, 'E is the best', like I always say.
I would next like to jointly thank Gage and Kurdt_the_Goat, both of who provided me with very valuable information and insight into where I should go looking for Transformers.
Leading up to the trip and during the trip, Gage, emailed me with such enthusiasm 2 to 3 times a day, each time with more detail, directions, links, maps and images. Kurdt responded to my queries very quickly and also provided very valuable insight and his now grail like patented maps of where to go (I should mention that I relied heavily on Kurdt's maps when I was in Tokyo).
Thanks very much girl and guys! I certainly would not have found half of what I did if not for the information that you armed me with!
I went to Osaka with the hope of picking up the dino-casettes, but alas, it was not to be and they have been bought by others. I still had a lot of fun hunting down TFs for fellow collector buddies.
This is a list of what I picked up (in no particular order):
- Scramble City vinyl
- Masterforce book
- Generations 2011
- Headmasters game, vintage
- Ratchet (loose)
- Brave Dug Base MIB
- Head robots cobra
- Head robots black cobra
- City Commander upgrade kit
- Car Robots No 18: Wheeljack, Malboor edition, MIB, unused
- Lucky Draw exclusive God Primus MISB
- C-112: Autobot Clones MIB
- C-308: Doubleclouder MIB, complete
- C-362: (MT-02)
- C-366: (MT-06)
- C-369: Jet Tank Team, MIB (MT-09)
- C-370: Sixliner MIB, unused
- D-16: Megatron MIB
- D-101: Soundblaster MIB
- D-313: Overbite MIB, unused
- G2 Go-Bots Optimus Prime MOSC
- G2 Go-Bots Megatron MOSC
- G2 Go-Bots Soundwave MOSC
- Laser Disc - Fight Super Robot Life - disc 1 & 2 - Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Reflector, Thundercracker, Skywarp
- Laser Disc - Fight Super Robot Life - disc 3 & 4 - Shockwave, Sharpnel, Kickback, Bombshell, Ravage, Rumble, Frenzy, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw
- Laser Disc - Fight Super Robot Life - disc 5 & 6 - Astrotrain, Ramjet, Thrust, Dirge, all Constructicons
- Laser Disc - VSL-1 - disc 5-8 - all Throttlebots, Metroplex, Trypticon
- Laser Disc - VSL-1 - disc 9-12 - Pipes, Outback, Tailgate, Swerve, Hubcap, Octane, Sandstorm, Broadside, Ramhorn, Steeljaw, Eject, Rewind, Slugfest, Overkill
- Laser Disc - VSL-1 - disc 13-16 - all Predacons, all Technobots
- Laser Disc - VSL-1 - disc 17,18, CD - all Terrorcons, Computron, Predaking, Abominus
- Laser Disc - VSL-2 - disc 5-8 - Fortress Maximus, Scorponok, all Trainbots
- Laser Disc - VSL-2 - disc 9-12 - all clones, Raiden, Snapdragon
- Transformers Digital remix record - Bluestreak box art
It's a pretty large list, eh? heh.
Well, about 80-90% of it has been pre-sold or will be sold in the coming days because they are things that I got for collector buddies.
Here are pictures of the entire loot, which I hand carried up the plane because I refused to check any of that in.
Close up of some rare gems - Diaclone CarRobots No.18: Wheeljack, "Marlboor" edition MIB, near case fresh, complete paperworks, unused sticker sheet (left) and Transformers Generations 2004 Lucky Draw Exclusive: God Primus MISB (right).
There are the pieces that I'll definitely be keeping...
D-101: Soundblaster MIB for E.
C-112: Autobot Clones MIB for myself.
... and one of my most key acquisitions, a Transformers Soundtrack vinyl record with my all-time favourite Transformer box art piece at the back - Bluestreak!!! (Botch, we are finally going to have a high resolution unobstructed original Bluestreak box art, yum!)
Woohoo! So many many pretty stuff! Awesome haul, as always, HD!ReplyDelete
HD, your hauls never fail to impress. :)ReplyDelete
Having said that, can you do a more detailed inspection/write up/pics of Ciggie Wheeljack? The box looks damn minty!!
On another note: How rare are the dino-cassettes if they are that hard to find in Japan...
E will no doubt be very happy with that Soundblaster as it is so deliciously mint! ;)ReplyDelete
The Laserdiscs and LD God Primus are what I find to be the most amazing items you picked up, the Diaclone Marlboro Wheeljack follows closely behind though. :)
I've said it once and I'll say it again: You're the master HD! :D
Congrats and well done mate. :)
@ gdmetro: Thanks for the kind words sir!ReplyDelete
I have posted a few more detailed pics of the Ciggie Wheeljack and have also gave a brief background into its ownership and condition history.
The dino-casettes are not that rare. In fact nowadays they pop up quite often. It's just that they keep slipping through my fingers because people suddenly close auctions, I miss them on sales threads, etc... sign.
@ Hursti: E is indeed very happy with Soundblaster. Her one complain is why he only comes with one casette when he can clearly accomodate 2 in his chest.
And she said "this is same as the Soundwave (TRU reissue) that I have, just a different colour". To which I replied, "actually, its the other way round and your Soundwave is the same as this Soundblaster just a different colour". Hahaha...
I don't think E would be the first person to be confused by the whole mess that is the Original Soundwave mold; being lost, then retooled, then recast, then the original Microchange mold being employed! :PReplyDelete
Glad to hear that she is quite pleased with him though, it is rather odd though that they should retool him to have a larger carrying capacity but then only supply 1 cassette? - Maybe the Mini Cassettes had a trust issue with this 'new guy'. :P
Actually, she is quite interested in the history of these things when I tell them to her (assuming I myself know it!). She is pleased with the figure. I gotta say that she now has a veritable collection of rare/ MIB TFs all her own. (Even my C-114 MIB has been declared as hers!) heh.ReplyDelete