This is the last of the 5 Dinobots in Japanese box. It is piece #14 of 36 in my mega-lot purchase.
Takara box 30-Swoop is perhaps one of the rarer and more sought after Japanese boxed Dinobots. There is just something about the box that makes it very attractive.
In terms of Dinobots, this is one of my favourites. It is something that I never had as a little boy. I was tempted for sure, but because it is the smallest of the Dinobots, my young mind figured that it was not really 'value for money'. So in the end, whilst my brother and I had Grimlock, Slag and Sludge, we never had Snarl and Swoop.
In terms of box sizes, 30-Swoop is also the most different from the other 4 Dinobots. The front surface area of the box is same as the other 4 Dinos, but its a lot thinner than the other Dino boxes.
Ah, here is the back of box, art. Specially for my buddy Ginraii!
Here is a shot of Swoop in box and out of box. The robot mode Swoop is actually Diaclone Dinosaur Robo No.5.
The Diaclone box and Transformers box with inserts side by side
I just love this shot - 2 of the most classic toys, side by side.
There's something about thin TF boxes that are very alluring...
- #1 of 36: Operation Combination TF-01: Sixbuilder
- #2 of 36: D-56: Ramjet MIB
- #2A of 36: D-56: Ramjet MIB, redux
- #3 of 36: 26-Grimlock MIB
- #4 of 36: 27-Sludge MIB
- #5 of 36: 28-Slag MIB
- #6 of 36: 43-Blitzwing MIB
- #7 of 36: D-72 Octane MIB
- #8 of 36: 08-Streak MIB (aka Bluestreak)
- #9 of 36: 22-Starscream MIB unused
- #10 of 36: 23-Skywarp MIB unused
- #11 of 36: 24-Thundercracker MIB unused
- #12 of 36: D-57: Thrust MIB
- #13 of 36: 29-Snarl MIB
- #14 of 36: 30-Swoop MIB