26 June 2010

C-114: Fortress Maximus starring in Autobot City: Earth

Since 1986, I've always thought that Metroplex looked nothing like the Autobot City that I saw in the 1986 Transformers: The Movie. Guess what, the Metroplex toy was probably not the toy that was modelled after the Autobot City designs by Floro Dery. From what it looks to be visually, it appears the Fortress Maximus bears a much closer resemblance to Autobot City: Earth.



I won't be including screen captures in this entry here to compare the both, but well, take my word for it. Or go check it out.

E was at work the whole of today, on a Saturday, and so what would a Transformer fan do at home, alone? Simple, I whipped out Fortress Maximus, created a diorama and started playing out the 1986 Movie scenes of the Decepticons' attack. I would have preferred using my Takara SCFs for the role play, but these are in SG. So, WST Optimus Prime, Megatron and The Dinobots and other 'hand picked' (read - something I could just grab off a shelve) characters were used.

Introducing, the one true, Autobot City: Earth.


The city is bustling with activity




The Apex Extension to Autobot City.



"Dinobots, destroy Devastator!"

Autobot tower

Optimus Prime overseeing operations

This shot reminds me a lot of that part of Marvel UK's Space Pirates where the Quintessons strung defeated Autobots onto the walls of Autobot City to lay a trap for Rodimus Prime (this looks so like the visuals in the comic too)


Going on patrol




Motorcycle patrol

The medical dock

I used the sword hilt of C-114's Mastersword to create a docking area of sorts

Heli-pad



"All we need is a little Energon and a lot of luck" - Optimus Prime

"The Commander of the Steelhaven is a human" - Spike

"Blast off, Fortress Maximus"

The Maxi-lift
 
 

Deploy, Bumper!
 

 
 

Ravage is locked up (More than Meets the Eye, Part3)

 "Me Swoop no see nothing"

"Hauler, haul it up"


Eject in the Apex Extension of Autobot City

The quick launch platform

Dinobots go fishing

12 comments:

  1. Nicely Done with the City Mode.
    Its always nice to visit ur blog, cause i really lyk the way u done with the toys in role playing mode.

    I hope i could have my own Fortress Maximus soon!!

    Cheers Bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words man. I have just updated with lots of pics for Black Zarak. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me want to cry, awesome photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers mate. I like this set of photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. Yes, sir. You are doing it right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's rubbish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you sir ! are doing it right that looks amazing label me jelly and ship me to your house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. You could get the Encore version, if that helps?

      http://tfsource.com/encore/fortress-maximus/

      Delete

Your comment will be beamed to me and will be visible within 3 to 7 hours typically. Do check back or subscribe to this post for my responses or to see comments from other readers! ~ HD

Last 30 days' TOP TEN Popular Posts