Remember I said that my usual shop is going to have a large lot of high quality and rare vintage G1 Transformers for sale, in this post?
They went on sale today ('on sale' as in the shop is selling them, not that they are being sold at a discount). Since I got a preview of them, I know that they're going to sell like hotcakes, so E and I went down about 20 minutes before the shop is due to open (after a good breakfast of course).
When we were at In's Point, we coincidentally bumped into the shop assistant who was on his way to open up. Walked up to the shop with him and there were already 2-3 people waiting there to grab stuff. Man, competition is fierce!
Here is the palate...
From memory, here's a non-exhaustive list (all are at least MIB):
- Goodbye Convoy giftset (very nice box, contents unknown)
- VSY giftset (unsed; my gosh, this is awesome and also awesomely expensive)
- VSY giftset (nice box, but missing lots of paperworks and cassette)
- VSY giftset (not so nice box, missing lots of stuff)
- C-15: Brawn MIB
- C-16: Huffer MIB
- C-27: Sludge (unused)
- C-111: Punch / Counterpunch (used)
- C-114: Fortress Maximus (unused)
- C-114: Fortress Maximus (stickers applied, missing sword)
- C-116: Twincast MISB
- C-201: Metalhawk (unused)
- C-131: Raiden (Shouki and Yukikaze yellowed, otherwise unused and complete)
- C-311: Grand Maximus (unused; box slightly faded)
- C-326: Galaxy Shuttle (unused)
- C-326: Galaxy Shuttle (stickers applied)
- C-328: Victory Saber giftset (unused)
- C-328: Victory Saber giftset (unused, box slightly poorer than above)
- C-353: Big Powered giftset (unused)
- C-371: Grandus (unused; slightly yellowed)
- D-93: Mega Zarak (unused)
- D-98: Sixshot (stickers applied)
- D-108: Slugfest MIB
- D-109: Overkill MIB
- D-307: Overlord (unused)
- D-308: Browning (unused)
- D-311: Black Zarak (unused)
- D-311: Black Zarak (unused, box a little poorer than the above)
- D-318: King Poseidon giftset (unused)
- Car Robots C-27: Brave Maximus (unused)
Here are some close ups.
Arkvender, if you are looking at this, you'll spot something we both want...
Unfortunately, the prices were really unrealistic. Even if I suspend my disbelief, I could not bring myself to get them. Sign. More searching.
At the end of the hour, many of these were gone - C-27: Sludge, C-116: Twincast, C-326: Galaxy Shuttle (both gone), 2 of the 3 VSY sets... etc.
I should also add that I met all my main competitors in G1-grabbiness today and among the three of us, I also found out what we did for a living - we're a doctor, lawyer, banker (trader). I'm obviously not going to say which one I am or who is who, but it's delightful to know and at the same time, all very strange.
Happy new year once more!