18 July 2010

New Arrivals - a surprise on Sunday

I was waiting in great anticipation over the course of this week for some Transformers I bought to arrive. Since they were posted by EMS, I made it a point to check their status daily using EMS Tracking. It was fun to see where they are and know how soon I might expect them. On 15 July, the status on the EMS system said "Delivered". So I headed home, with great anticipation and a tinge of excitement I might add, full expecting to see a slip of paper in my letter box telling me to collect my parcel from concierge.

They didn't arrive. This was Thursday.

On Friday, I checked again. Still no slip of paper from concierge.

I sneaked a check on Saturday. Still nothing.
This morning, I got a call from concierge through the intercom. The lady at the other end said "you have 2 parcels waiting for you to collect."

"Wow!", that's great news I thought.

Went for lunch and came back to collect the stuff. I broke them out right-away and transformed them with E. These are what arrived today:
  • C-347: Sonic Bomber MIB;
  • C-349: Road Fire MIB;
  • C-303: Minerva (stickers unapplied);
  • Construction Patrol; and 
  • Race Track Patrol.
I like the Race Track Patrol. It is one of the crazier but to me, quite special patrols. I can't put my finger on why, but its a great set of figures. I was completely blown away by Sonic Bomber and Road Fire. To be honest, I never expected them to be such nice figures and also never expected them to come with motorised action as well. They are the very standard G1-type 'brick' figure with very limited articulation and that's just the way I like it. Very nicely sized and very classic G1-esque design for a line that was at the very tail end of G1 and so much better than the US and Europe releases of the same year. I have them right next to me as I'm writing this. heh.
Here are some preliminary pictures, more to follow obviously.

Micromasters: Sonic (came with Sonic Bomber), Drill Buster (came with Road Fire) and Metrobomb (came with Metrotitan), Construction Patrol and Race Track Patrol

C-303: Minerva (stickers unapplied)

C-347: Sonic Bomber MIB

C-349: Road Fire MIB

Further updates and detailed pictures to come!

~HD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be beamed to me and will be visible within 3 to 7 hours typically. Do check back or subscribe to this post for my responses or to see comments from other readers! ~ HD

Last 30 days' TOP TEN Popular Posts