18 May 2015

Diaclone CarRobots No.18 Lancia Stratos Turbo 'Marlboro Edition', aka Marlboor Wheeljack - with Diaclone CarRobots No.8 Fairlady Z 'blue edition' aka blue Bluestreak

Pre-Transformers Diaclone CarRobots No.8 - Fairlady Z Turbo, blue edition - aka (the legendary) blue Bluestreak, MIB and unused.

Pre-Transformers Diaclone CarRobots No.18 - Lancia Stratos Turbo, Marlboro racing edition - aka (the notorious) Marlboor Wheeljack, MIB and unused.

Too beautiful for words.

I won't say more.








I've placed a transformers Wheeljack into the Marlboor box. The robot blue Bluestreak is from my other MIB blue Bluestreak, the one in car mode is the unused one from my 2014 birthday.


Different version of Diaclone catalogues.


An amalgamation - Marlboor Wheeljack with Transformers 03-Wheeljack.


These are too nice to be stuck in a box, so I have displayed them in my shelves!

Seen here with the Takara exclusive White Headmasters, which are genuine (of course!) and took me some time to get together. A big thanks to Mostly Transformers Redux too.



2 comments:

  1. When handling your marlboor, do you wear gloves or just use your bare hands ? Are your hands naturally dry (ie. you don't perspire very easily) ? Obviously, I assume you wash and dry your hands beforehand, and your apartment must be climate-controlled, but having dry skin cannot be written off.

    Anyway, I hope you don't mind these questions. I was curious because when you wrote about looking at the first marlboor that you bought in Japan, the store owner would not let you take the toy out of the styro (ie. would not let you touch it) because he feared human contact would cause the plastic to start yellowing.

    (I realize of course that even if the above were true, you've decided that it's worth the "risk" to be able to enjoy the marlboor as you see fit. I was, as I said, just curious about your thoughts on what the shop owner had said. Funnily enough, I don't think I've ever seen any yellowed marlboors, but maybe it's because no one ever takes theirs out of the box* !)

    In any case, awesome series of photos with the blue fairlady !

    ---
    * I realize yellowing is caused by more than oils/moisture from skin, ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, hey, good question! I actually use my bare hands (or fingers) when I handle the toy. Life is too short to be pussy-footing around. Gotta handle the cigarette smokin' jack with proper hands and get down and dirty. Ok, half joking, but yeah, I just use my hands. No gloves.

      I do wash my hands beforehand like you suspected. I don't actually think it helps though, because no matter how dry or non-oily we think our fingers appear to be, I'm sure the pores do secret moisture or oil or at least something organic.

      I don't actually know if touching it would necessarily make it yellow, but I know that storing a toy in a place where there isn't much air-movement, tends to lead to yellow (eg: in a box stuffed right at the bottom of a pile or in the deepest part of the cabinet).

      Also, I think the major suspect for yellowing would be light with UV content - ie: sunlight or direct sunlight.

      For sure, its certainly worth the risk to touch and handle and transform it. A toy like this is meant to be enjoyed.

      Delete

Your comment will be beamed to me and will be visible within 3 to 7 hours typically. Do check back or subscribe to this post for my responses or to see comments from other readers! ~ HD

Last 30 days' TOP TEN Popular Posts