15 November 2009

The Deluxe Insecticons - Barrage, Chop Shop, Ransack & Venom

The 1985 Deluxe Insecticons. Have always liked these guys. Did not get around to acquiring them, as a full set, till recently.

I liked that they are larger and generally have more complex transformations and more weapons than the other three Insecticons (Shrapnel, Kickback and Bombshell). I also liked that they have many many stickers on each of their sticker sheets. Much more so (again) than the other three Insecticons.

Back in the 80s, didn't understand why they were never in the G1 cartoons or even the G1 comics. So, I'm rather delighted that they were in Dreamwave's More Than Meets The Eye source books and also were in War Within volume one (sort of, as easter eggs really).

For years, I've had a Ransack box; have 2 loose and one MIB Chop Shop; and an MIB Barrage but incomplete. Never did get around to acquiring them all.

So, when I was offered all four, each with complete paper works and bubbles, I thought I might just purchase all four, for completeness sake and also to get them all in bubbles. Will sort out the spares later. heh.

Here they are: Barrage, Chop Shop, Ransack and Venom, all MIB, with bubble insert, with complete paper works and partially used sticker sheets.
























2 comments:

  1. Nice one HD! They are so colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They are nice and very G1-ish although not originally designed by Takara. I like 'em!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will be beamed to me and will be visible within 3 to 7 hours typically. Do check back or subscribe to this post for my responses or to see comments from other readers! ~ HD

Last 30 days' TOP TEN Popular Posts