05 December 2007

Transformers I really wanted as a kid... but were denied

I really meant to post this on 2nd December, but was in one form or another, waylaid. So here it is now...

***

No.

No. I'm not going to buy that for you.

Ever hear that as a kid?

My brother and I heard that lots and lots... especially when we are clamouring for Transformers, which was considered really expensive back in the 80s. While we had a fair share of our 'requests' granted, there were just as many that fell by the wayside either ignored, ungranted or outright denied.

I cannot speak for my brother, but below is a list of Transformers that I really wanted as a kid but was either denied or did not get around to asking for.

So without further ado, here they are in order of priority (from 'least' to most desired):

[10] Pointblank (didn't get around to asking/buying)
I don't really know why I wanted him, but I remember I do. I thought he was the nicest Autobot Targetmaster among the lot. I still don't have him. *edit 17 Sep 2009*: I now have him mint in box with all inserts and sealed paperworks!

[09] Piranacon (didn't get around to asking/buying)
I know they are funny coloured, they look a little like candy and there are pink parts, but hey I was a kid and I used to even have She-Ra. I don't blame myself for liking them and in fact I still like them. Back then I did not know that each Seacon limb can actually become the weapon, I was simply bowled over by Transformers #47. I now have them. Here as well. My second Piranacon set which is MOC & MIB can be seen here and here.

[08] Dreadwind (didn't get around to asking/buying)
Thought that he is so much cooler than Darkwing. Once again, it was the Marvel Comics, more specifically Transformers #42: People Power, that bought me over on this one. I now have him: here and here.

[07] Runamuck or Runabout (didn't get around buying/asking)
Rightly or wrongly, I was fascinated with the Decepticon Battlechargers. These are not even Transformers per se and by right I should not be interested. What sparked my interest was Transformers #23: Decepticon Graffiti. Man, that was cool. I now have them mint on card, but Mint on Sealed Card ones would be great.

[06] Powermaster Optimus Prime (denied, too expensive)
Needs no explaining. Such a cool updated and huge version of Prime must be every kids dream. It was mine as well, but it was also too expensive. I now have him and 2 pieces of the C-310 giftset, one sealed, one open and an individual C-309 Godbomber in box. All to make up for lost time.

[05] Bluestreak (didn't get around buying/asking)
I remember the times at OG People's Park where I just gwarked at the awesome beauty of Bluestreak's box art - undeniably one of the most beautiful pieces of Transformer box art out there. I didn't get around to buying this because I thought the predominantly silver Bluestreak to be quite uninteresting at that time. I now have him. Here as well.; and a eHobby Anime accurate reissued Bluestreak here. I'm aiming for a Mint in Sealed Box Bluestreak, which I'll get someday... hopefully.

[04] Sideswipe (didn't get around buying/asking)
Love the alternate mode and loved the way Floro Dery stylized him for the cartoon. Of course, his special piledriver arms ability is another factor I am interested in. In the end, I chose his brother Sunstreaker over him when buying time came. What a ficker kid. I now have him.

[03] Snapdragon & Apeface (denied because too expensive)
I just love the Headmaster Horrorcons, who are in fact Triple-Changers in their own right! I also love the box art which is big, whole and didn't have parts of it cropped off. I now have them here: Apeface and Snapdragon MIB; Apeface MIB with inserts; Apeface and Snapdragon figures; posts in relation to Apeface and Snapdragon on the site.

[02] Skywarp (not sold in Singapore)
I feel he is easily the nicest coloured seeker, and the coolest as well. This guy has the ability to teleport, that'd surely come in handy anytime I'm in a fix. As noted here, this guy is unobtainable because it simply isn't sold in Singapore. I now have him.

[01] Ravage & Rumble cassette set (denied, repeatedly)
Yes, I wanted this so bad. I wanted Ravage so bad but for some reason no amount of convincing would sway mummy. Full story here. I now have them. I'm aiming for a Mint on Sealed Card Rumble & Ravage, which I'll get someday... hopefully.

Okay, I'll look for Pointblank now. The only guy I still have yet to obtain from my childhood list...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be beamed to me and will be visible within 3 to 7 hours typically. Do check back or subscribe to this post for my responses or to see comments from other readers! ~ HD

Last 30 days' TOP TEN Popular Posts